Stage 4. Receiving the payment
After the invoice is paid, the responsible manager receives a notification in the browser or on the smartphone if the mobile application Flowlu is installed. Incoming invoice payments can be recorded in several ways.
1. Automatic recording of online payments
If you have payment systems connected, the payment information will be recorded in Flowlu automatically. The invoice status will be changed to Paid. The name of the payment system and other payment details will be displayed on the invoice, on the Transactions tab.
Automatically generated transaction after online invoice payment
Statuses in the list of invoices
2. Manual invoice recording without creating a transaction in the system
Use this feature when you only need to change the status of invoice to Paid. Click the Record Payment button:
In the opened side-panel, uncheck the Create Transaction box and save the record.
After this, the invoice status will change to Paid.
If you do not plan to track the invoice cashflow in Flowlu, then disable in the main settings of Finance application a Create transaction option. This way when you record an invoice payment, this window will always be hidden
3. Invoice recording with the creation of a payment transaction in the system
In this case, the invoice payments will be displayed in the transaction list and recorded in the financial statements. Read more about this method in this instruction.
Attention! When the invoice status changes to Paid, it becomes unavailable for editing.
Thank You letter for payment
In Flowlu, you can set the settings so that the customer automatically gets a thank you letter after the invoice payment is received. Thanks to this option, you will be able to increase the number of customer touchpoints. To do this, you need to follow the next steps:
- in the main finance settings, activate the option "Send message to the Payer when payment is received"
in the settings of organizations modify or keep the default letter template
The letter will be sent to the e-mail of contact, to whom you have sent the invoice for payment before.
Invoice status tracking
In the list, you can quickly find the invoices you are interested in. For example, overdue, unsent or not approved ones.
- accounts. When you click on this filter, the list of organizations and individuals from CRM is displayed. With help of search option, you can quickly find the payer you are interested in;
- payment status (overdue, approved, partially paid, not paid, overpaid);
- sending status;