Where can I view tasks to be done?
Depending on start date assignee will get tasks in one of the following sections:
- in “today” folder if start date is set to = Today, or there is no start date and completion date is set to = Today
- in “next” folder if tasks need to be done as soon as possible with tight deadline
- In “tomorrow” folder if start date is set to = Tomorrow, or there is no start date and completion date is set to = Tomorrow
- in “next 7 days” folder if start date is set not earlier than the day after tomorrow. Or there is no start date and completion date = is set to from extra 2 days to extra 7 days
- in “later” folder if start date is in a week, or there is no start date and completion date = is set to not earlier than in 8 days
- in “all” folder you will see task list sorted by days.
This function works according to GTD methodology. Find out more on using this methodology in Flowlu in one of the following chapters.
If task time expires, task will be displayed in “Today” folder.
Days left to deadline (1) are displayed in task list to the right. Tasks overdue are displayed in the same area indicating days overdue in red (2). When deadline is not set to a task, information on number of days is not displayed.
If start day is set earlier that the current date, it will be displayed in list in red (3).
Also in task list you will see what project, work space or CRM account (company) it refers to or related to. Flowlu user has no access to «Project», «CRM», «Work space» application, this data will not be provided to such user.
If you are task owner than you can complete task on your own. For this purpose press checkbox next to the task.
Tips and tricks. If you want your colleague to start task on time always indicate start date.
Example: John assigns Alice to a complex task with «Tomorrow» time frame, but forgets to fill in start date field. Alice did not see the task in «today» folder (it is displayed in «tomorrow» folder, as deadline is set to start date in such case). Tomorrow comes. Alice notices the task but does not have enough time to implement it. The task is delayed, it does not meet the deadline, Alice is freaking out. Tasks that need to be done tomorrow or today should be created in «today» folder. This way Flowlu user is aware of what needs to be done and are able to plan their time.
If the task is highlighted in bold, it means that it has an unread comment in it. After reading the comment, the highlighting of the task disappears.
Tasks with unread notifications