Setting the Print Form of Estimate
If you do not like the existing print templates of estimates, you can modify them.
You can –
● change the title of an estimate, for example, to the "Commercial offer";
● change the fields’ names for identification of requisites, order details;
● add logo.
Settings for print templates can be set in the section System Settings → Finances → Estimates
Here you can find the default templates for each organization (if you have more than one). You can modify them or create additional ones. To modify existing ones, click on the template title. Alternatively, click on the Create button to add a new one.
Afterwards, the form for editing the estimate template will open.
- the template title that the staff will select when choosing the print form for an estimate;
- a description, for example, an explanation of what this form is intended for;
- organization on behalf of which the estimate template will be created. If you have one organization, then it will be selected by default;
Read more: «Organization settings»
- set the sorting. If you plan to create several print forms - use sorting. The smaller the number, the higher in the list of results this template will be displayed when creating estimates. Set sorting to 1 for the most commonly used template.
After filling all fields, click the Next button.
Tips and tricks. Each print form is linked to a specific organization. If a similar print form is needed to prepare an estimate from another organization - create the same form and link it to that organization.
Go to the next step, in the settings of the fields to be displayed in the Estimate form.
In the lines, change the field names that do not suit you. If there are any fields that you do not need, just clear them from the text.
● Add a logo to the estimate (1). The logo is downloaded in the settings of the organization.
● Rename fields to indicate the validity dates of estimate (2).
● Change the name of the Order field that you can use to indicate the contract, the project name, and so on (3).
● Change the name of the document (4).
Modify the fields to specify the data of the company seller (1) and the company-buyer (2)
Change the offer details - the fields for displaying the product items and their cost. If there is any field that is not needed - clear it
● The option Copy text to the invoice when converting allows you to pull the text of conditions from the estimate to the invoice. Use this option if you plan to have specific terms of payment and provision of services in your estimate
● Add text to the estimate. For example, you can list your advantages; explain the order of the provision of services and other Order Terms and Conditions. Format the text using a visual editor or CSS-code.
In the last step, save the created estimate template. Now you can proceed to the estimate creation using the template you have just set up.
Example of a sentence for a template created