How to place a knowledge base on your website?
Flowlu knowledge base can be used not only as a tool for sharing the knowledge within the company but also as an external portal with questions and answers for your employees or customers. An external knowledge base will allow your customers to quickly receive answers to their questions and not waste time contacting your managers or technical support.
All content of the knowledge base can be exported to your own site as a subfolder. The knowledge base will be physically located on your website and edited in Flowlu. Any change of information in the knowledge base (adding/editing an item, changing the display of the main page) will be automatically pulled into the subfolder of your website and immediately displayed on the website.
How to add a knowledge base to your website?
- Go to the website server and create a subfolder in the section you need
- Go to the knowledge base settings
- Export files (1) and upload to the subfolder using the special tools (for example, via FTP)
- Specify the path to the script update as https:// subfolder address/update.php (2)
After that, all information entered into the Flowlu knowledge base will automatically be updated in the subfolder of your website.
Attention! Adding a knowledge base to the website requires technical skills, therefore, assign it to a programmer. Not all CMS allows you to create a sub catalog. In this case, additional program settings will be required.
In case of difficulties, contact our Technical Support.
How to open external access to the knowledge base?
- Go to the application "Knowledge Base" → "List of knowledge bases". Next - to the settings of a specific knowledge base:
Going to knowledge base settings
Going to settings from the knowledge base main page
- Check the "Access to the database by an external link" box. An external link will be generated automatically.
Using the external link, everyone can enter the knowledge base and read articles. For this, they do not need to register at Flowlu. The knowledge base is adaptive, it is convenient to read it from a mobile device.
After you open external access to the knowledge base, all articles will be accessible through an external link only after publication. To publish an article, click on the appropriate button:
To view an article using an external link or copy the link, after publishing the article, click on the three dots in the upper right corner.