Overview of project sections
In the system, you can comprehensively manage the projects, from coordinating the work of the team to monitoring profitability. All data is recorded and available in one place – in the project card. We will tell you more about the purpose of each project section.
Thanks to the widgets you can control the main indicators:
- the amount of payments and expenses, as well as see the percentage of payments received (1);
- the amount of planned and actual time spent, as well as the percentage of spent time resources (2).
If you do not need to record the time spent on tasks, you can disable this function in the settings of the "Tasks" module. In this case, only the number of planned and completed tasks will be displayed in the widget;
- the remaining number of days till the project deadline (3);
- the progress of work performed: at what stage is the project and which milestones are completed (4);
- list of payments and project costs (5);
- under the bar with project stages, you can change the manager, add an account, set a project deadline by clicking on the field with the date (6);
Additionally, on this page you can:
- add all main items – invoices, tasks, events, payments, and costs (7);
- move the project to the next stage (8);
- record payments and expenses (9);
- change milestones and fill in information on them (report, description, attach files) (10).
Click on the pencil icon and you will be able to change the milestones:
By clicking on the milestone name, a side panel will open in which you can change or add new information.
Designed to manage the project collaboration. When you add tasks to a project, they become available to all project participants. The project team will see at what stage each task is, who is responsible, and when is the deadline.
Tasks have several views and can be displayed as:
- cards on the board
- the lists sorted by responsible
- Gantt charts.
Here you can switch the task list view:
More about the task board
The task board is one of the most useful tools for planning and tracking the planned and completed project tasks. All tasks on the board are presented in the form of cards.
- move task cards between stages and see what has been already completed or what is to be done;
- Move up the highest priority tasks – this will help identify which ones need to be performed first.
Tips and tricks. When transferring a task to the "In progress" column, the time tracker does not start automatically, because the task can be performed in several waves. To start the timer, you need to click the "Start" button in the sidebar. At the stage "Done", there are tasks completed, but not accepted by the task owner. Only the task owner can transfer these tasks to the "Completed tasks" column after checking them.
Note: On the task board, stage no more than 20 tasks at the same stage can be displayed. To view all, click on the "More" button below all tasks .
On the board, you can instantly add a task, immediately specifying the description and the person responsible:
The "My Tasks" filter hides the tasks that you do not have to deal with (you are not an owner, or responsible).
In each task card, the important information is displayed:
- priority, in the form of a colored bar on the left:
turquoise – low priority;
yellow – medium;
red – high.
- planned and actual time, which makes it easy to control time costs and notice deviations in time;
- deadline date. A red date on the card notifies about an overdue date;
- the owner and responsible person
The total time spent on a project by an employee can be viewed in the task list table.
Allows you to plan project income and expenses, issue invoices, record the actual payments and track the project profitability.
Read more about all features of this section in the chapter Recording project finances.
Add your colleagues to the project. This will allow all participants to work in a single workspace: see and add tasks, events, notes, comments, documents, project progress (completed stages and milestones).
To add participants, click on the appropriate button:
In the window that opens, select the participants and click "Save":
This section contains all the project events – past and planned. Here you can complete events and add new ones. To quickly create a new event, use the hotkeys.
Add all project notes in one place. This may be, for example, recommendations that can be taken into account in the project implementation.
Enter the text of the note in the window to add it and click the "Add" button:
When adding or editing a note, you can format it. Highlight the text of the note and you will see a panel for formatting:
Using the editor will help to make the notes clearer.
This section contains customer issues and suggestions, which arise in the course of the project implementation. After adding a issue, you can track the progress of its execution.
Each team member can view project documents as well as add his own. For convenience, you can distribute documents of the same type in different folders.
The documents can be displayed in the Tile or List view.
When you click on a document, there is additional information on this document displayed in the window on the right:
- size and type of file;
- by whom and when created;
- by whom and when changed;
- you can also view or download this file.
This section is not displayed by default. It needs to be set up through the “List” application.
Read more about, How to install the"List" application.
A section is a set of columns that can be fully customized by you. They can be used to create a list of contractors or suppliers, maintain a register of contracts, incoming and sent correspondence.
Tips and tricks. For the convenience of working with the project, customize the order in which the internal and external tabs are displayed. Just drag the tabs to another place, both main and internal ones.